Writing Plugins for Intellij
*This webinar is being recorded*
- 33 have written a plugin
- Getting started is hard
- Documentation is sparse
- No info on building UI
What do you want to build?
- 52% - Tooling
- 22% - Language
- 17% - Framework
- 8% - Other
What is this about?
- A non-JetBrains point of view
- Understand your questions/concerns
- De-mystify the process
- Distribute resources
- Intellij is a platform
- Intellij (community) is open-source
- Mostly anything is possible
- Send a tweet every time a test passes
- Flip the editor upside-down on Wednesdays
- Random project-wide "Todo" generator
- Auto-move all files to a dir named "stuff"
- Support a new language
- Support a framework
- Enhance the editor (e.g., VIM plugin)
- New refactorings, inspections, generators
Q&A with Mihai
Please ask questions, we'll do our best to answer
Any unanswered questions will be addressed in a follow-up blog post
Why did you choose the Intellij platform to build your plugin?
How did you get started developing your plugin?
What were the main challenges you faced when getting started?
What did you like about the plugin development process?
What would you change about the process?
Have you received much user feedback for your plugin?
Why did you choose to open-source your plugin? Has anyone else contributed?
Thanks for watching!
For future announcements, follow: